Wednesday, September 01, 2004

quotes

If you live to be a hundred,
I want to live to be
a hundred minus one day,
so I never have to live
without you.

-- Winnie the Pooh



"We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and Knows."
-- Robert Frost


REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

We make a Living by what we get, we make a Life by what we give.



In a forest a fox bumps into a little rabbit, and says, "Hi, junior, what are you up to?" "I'm writing a dissertation on how rabbits eat foxes," said the rabbit. "Come now, friend rabbit, you know that's impossible!" "Well, follow me and I'll show you." They both go into the rabbit's dwelling and after a while the rabbit emerges with a satisfied expression on his face. Comes along a wolf. "Hello, what are we doing these days?" "I'm writing the second chapter of my thesis, on how rabbits devour wolves." "Are you crazy? Where is your academic honesty?" "Come with me and I'll show you." As before, the rabbit comes out with a satisfied look on his face and a diploma in his paw. Finally, the camera pans into the rabbit's cave and, as everybody should have guessed by now, we see a mean-looking, huge lion sitting next to some bloody and furry remnants of the wolf and the fox.

The moral: It's not the contents of your thesis that are important - it's your PhD advisor that really counts.



There is no thrill of sailing,
When the sky is clear and blue.
There's no joy in doing
Things anyone can do.

But there's some satisfaction,
That's mighty sweet to take
When you reach a destination,
Which you thought you could not make.
________________________________________
Darkness cannot drive out darkness;only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate;only love can do that.
---Martin Luther King Jr




THERE'S IS WAY TO DO IT BETTER FIND IT!"
When IMPOSSIBLE itself says I'mPOSSIBLE,why can't you make it possible?

No comments: