2. If I am none of these, then Who am I?
After negating all of the above mentioned as `not this',
`not this', that Awareness which alone remains -- that I am.
3. What is the nature of Awareness?
The nature of Awareness is Existence-Consciousness-Bliss.
4. When will the realization of the Self be gained?
When the world which is what-is-seen has been removed,
there will be realization of the Self which is the seer.
5. Will there not be realization of the Self even while the
world is there (taken as real)?
There will not be.
The seer and the object seen are like the rope and the
snake. Just as the knowledge of the rope which is the substrate
will not arise unless the false knowledge of the illusory
serpent goes, so the realization of the Self which is the
substrate will not be gained unless the belief that the world
is real is removed.
7. When will the world which is the object seen be removed?
When the mind, which is the cause of all cognition and of
all actions, becomes quiescent, the world will disappear.
(from the Collected Works of Ramana Mahirishi )